Such thoughts keep me awake at night. Possibly.
Normally, I throw random questions at my friends on Facebook when I think of them; this time, I thought I’d collect a load and post them here.
– In this ultra-PC time, could Lionel Richie still get away with saying ‘Is it me you’re looking for?’ to a blind lady?
– Why is ‘amazeballs’ a thing but not ‘incredi-balls’?
– Are moths just goth butterflies, or are butterflies just moths who want to express themselves loudly?
(Either way, don’t tell them it’s just a phase they’re going through; they’ll only grow up resenting you for it.)
– Would actual ‘hindsight’ be all that attractive? I’m not certain that I’d want sight out of my hind.
– Who names carpets? Are there people out there with ‘carpet namer’ on their CV?
(Have a browse though a catalogue for examples.)
– If we ‘party until the cows come home’, when do the cows stop partying?
– If an asteroid entered our hemisphere, would it instantly become a ‘hemoroid’?
– What if Time Team is actually about Baldrick’s never-ending quest to return back to his own time?
– What if Wally/Waldo is sick of people wondering where he is all the time, and now thinks the world is full of weird obsessives who watch his every move. Kinda like a literary Truman Show?
Or, what if he wants to be found, and we’re just enabling/feeding into his constant need to be pursued?
(One time, I walked into Clintons, found a Where’s Wally card, couldn’t find him and subsequently had to leave feeling unfulfilled….anyway….)
– What does a glove fit like?
– Seriously though, turn down for WHAT?!?