Herts alt-rock trio revived
Herts-based trio Lost Without Cause are back with their new EP (and guitarist), ‘Revival’, their first new material in six years. Having parted ways amicably with former guitarist Andy Holland, they’re now joined by Tony Stead, and are set to get back on the live circuit to play the new tracks soon.
The past few years have seen the trio go through their own ups and downs, and this is reflected in these new tracks; whilst they haven’t lost their bounce and ear for a catchy riff, there’s also dashes of cynicism and introspection, but coupled with a sense of determination. Rather then let the dark times overpower them, LWC have used them to push themselves forward. ‘Depleted’ is the liveliest track here, opening with the sort of punchy riff that longtime fans will appreciate, whilst ‘Teardrops And Cigarettes’ shows them at their most restrained and reflective, a slower track that features a nice solo from Stead.
3. Teardrops and Cigarettes
4. Another End
Lost Without Cause have always been a band with the potential to go far – here’s hoping ‘Revival’ puts them back on the radar.
‘Revival’ will be released on October 10th, available on iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, Spotify and other platforms.
If you’re unfamiliar with LWC’s previous material, here’s a couple of examples from the previous release ‘Take Back Everything’ – first, ‘Trigger’, currently sitting on over 217,000 views. Below that, EP highlight ‘You Won’t know’.
For fans of: Fall Out Boy, Less Than Jake, Linkin Park, All American Rejects
I may have cheated a little bit….
Recently, I set myself a challenge: write as many movie reviews as possible, using just one line. How well do you think I’ve done?
* SPOILER ALERT: he wins in the end – Rocky II-V
* It stars a French Scotsman and a Scottish Spaniard, and they can’t die because they’re really aliens – Highlander 1-2
* A dystopian future where policemen now come in tins – Robocop 1-3
* How to thwart an alien invasion using their own USB ports, and The Fresh Prince of Bel Air – Independence Day
* It’s ok, the dog actually survives (seriously though, who could you make a film where the dog dies??), you’re safe with this one – K9
* Nope, not falling for that! – Marley & Me
* This film is just a figment of your imagination and doesn’t actually exist; in the words of Tasha Yar, “It didn’t happen!” – Star Trek: Nemesis
* It’s got past the stage where it might be seen as tragic; he’s just being plain clumsy with his family now – Taken 3
* Seagal’s often clumsy with his famiy too – Any Seagal film.
* Can we watch Bill & Ted instead? – The Matrix
* Still waiting for that third Bill & Ted – The Matrix 2
* Bill & Ted…. just putting it out there – The Matrix 3
* Worst episode of Come Dine With Me ever – Red Dragon
* Did you know that if you watch the whole saga backwards, it becomes the heartwarming tale of an evil cyborg’s quest to become a real human boy? – The Star Wars series
* Know what makes me mad? Lack of closure. – Mad Max 3: Beyond Thunderdome
* Worst episode of Deal Or No Deal ever – Se7en
* Man solves evil Rubix Cube, gets worst facial piercings ever – Hellraiser
* Would’ve been better off with a Teddy Ruxbin, just saying – Child’s Play
* Although, if you’ve ever wondered what would happen if Charlie Sheen possessed Teddy Ruxbin…. – Ted
* Nine hours of proof that Gandalf doesn’t know any flight or teleportations spells – Lord Of The Rings
* They’ve managed to cross Independence Day with Wreck-It Ralph? – Pixels
* Imagine if after Home Alone, Kevin goes into Witness Protection with a new name, but grows into a bitter man with a more twisted imagination and thirst for vengeance – SAW